Monday, December 26, 2005

Songs of the Year Part III: Dartk edition

Heaven knows I owe a sizable portion of my listening to a certain boy sometimes called Dartk. I just said heaven knows. Hm. The following are some of the standouts of his influence on me this year.



Mp3: Feet & Hands by Fannypack
I'm pretty sure that if I had been living in the NYC this would have been my summer '05 anthem. "Ugly people be quiet now!" may be one of my favorite lyrics of the year.
buy




Mp3: Parapaleejo by BC Camplight
aka Brian Christinzio of Philly. Maybe the catchiest track of a sometimes campy sometimes twee album that deserves not to be compared to anything.
buy




Mp3: 49 Percent by Röyksopp
Gey euro diskoteque and sad sad boy both at once. A really good acoustic cover of this would be interesting.
buy

No comments: