Monday, August 7, 2006

the futureheads w/ tapes n tapes

I saw The Futureheads and Tapes 'n Tapes last Thursday in Salt Lake City. I was curious to see if TnT would live up to all the hype of a few months ago and I gotta say, they finally won me over. They seemed a little awkward at first, maybe it was the tiny crowd. Eventually they loosened up enough for some major rocking and even a little bum slapping.

Observations from The Futureheads' set:
They can all pull off black jeans.
Those punk roots really come out live.
That guitarist on the left is a Colin Meloy lookalike when his glasses are on.


For me two marks of a good show are when you can really tell the band is having fun, and when you leave with new favorite songs. Both these bands did both. Here are the new favorites:

mp3: Tapes 'n Tapes - 10 Gallon Ascots
mp3: The Futureheads - Thursday

No comments: