Thursday, February 1, 2007

Sundance Highlight: Eagle vs. Shark


Eagle vs. Shark ended my run of screenings Sunday and what a grand ending. Sorta the New Zealander Napoleon Dynamite. And the heroine doesn't even take her shark outfit off to get some action. Miramax will release the film in the U.S. on June 1. Oh yes, and as this blog is about music, here's why I mention this darling movie:

1) The Phoenix Foundation sountracked it. Kinda reminds me of listening to records with my dad when I was little, dancing in the living room, then laying on the carpet in the sun.
mp3: The Phoenix Foundation - Let Me Die A Woman
mp3: The Phoenix Foundation - Going Fishing

2) It took me a while to realize it, but the Shark himself is half of Flight of the Conchords who I'd only been introduced to weeks ago, thanks to Mitch and YouTube. Pretty funny stuff, and the accent doesn't hurt.

No comments: