Monday, March 2, 2009

samandali

I just found out that my friend Sam sculpted the original Yo Gabba Gabba characters for the pilot episode of the kids' show. They eventually got replaced but if you have the dvd you'll see them. This is a topic of conversation because 1) I'm obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba especially since Chromeo's appearance last week. And 2) Sam is a really good artist. He's the one who along with his wife/my dear friend Alison, did the paintings for the upcoming film Gentlemen Broncos. The first time I met Sam, I walked into the house and a bicycle made of bones was hanging from the living room ceiling. Just one of his art projects. Sam and Ali now have an etsy shop where prints of some of their paintings are available. Man, I have talented friends.

1 comment:

Mike and Shelby said...

jo, you're like a celebrity all on your own with all your cool, talented friends!