Friday, December 2, 2005

The Obligatory Year End Lists

I'm supposed to make a list, right? I have no choice? This is based solely on what I listened to most this year.

Top 10 Albums of 2005:

1. Set Yourself On Fire - Stars
Mp3 Set Yourself On Fire
2. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!
3. Odyssey - Fischerspooner
4. Picaresque - Decemberists
5. Room Noises - Eisley
6. Soviet Kitsch - Regina Spektor (rereleased this year so technically it counts)
7. Alternative to Love - Brendan Benson
8. The Understanding - Röyksopp
9. Gimme Fiction - Spoon
10. Bright Like Neon Love - Cut Copy

If you know me, you may have noticed the glaring omission of the White Stripes. As one who once made a Jack White chair, this is unexpected, but I just didn't love it nearly as much as I hoped I would.

The year might be more accurately summed up by my favorite tracks rather than album, which will be coming...

No comments: