Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Remix Tuesday: Thin White Duke


I hadn't planned to, but perhaps I should make Remix Tuesday a regular thing. I picked up the new Röyksopp single recently, and the Thin White Duke remix was my favorite of the bunch. I don't understand when Stuart Price is Thin White Duke, when he's Jacques Lu Cont, or when he's Paper Faces (and whatever other monikers he's got), but I likes em all.

Mp3: What Else Is There? (Thin White Duke Mix) - Röyksopp
This version lightens up the original, the full darkness of which can be seen in the video: get to it from Röyksopp's site.

Mp3: The Conductor (Thin White Duke Mix) - The Faint
Pay attention to the conflicting tempos, then try to keep the beat of both. It's hard.

Mp3: What You Waiting For? (Jacques Lu Cont TWD dub) - Gwen Stefani

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't notice it before but he has blue eyes

-matticus

Anonymous said...

i didn't notice it before but he has blue eyes

-matticus