Thursday, April 6, 2006

you will have four boys

Ok so I only made it two weeks without a B&S related post. But here's my reason for today. I just got a copy of the Funny Little Frog single and it's got a live video of "Lazy Line Painter Jane". I've always loved this song, especially the female vocalist. I've always wondered who was singing and it's taken me until now to figure out that it's Monica Queen. Once when I was listening to it her voice reminded me of that 80's chick singing at the dance in Better Off Dead. Maybe it was just when Monica's voice was cracking because in actuality it's not all that similar. But for some reason I can't get enough of that dance scene. And who knew she did all those voices for kids' shows.

mp3: Belle & Sebastian - Lazy Line Painter Jane (Live in Glasgow)
mp3: Elizabeth Daily - One Way Love [Better Off Dead Soudtrack]
mp3: Monica Queen - Sorry Darling


Oh yeah. And here's a little thing from some guys.
mp3: The Raconteurs - Hands

alright. pre-order already.

No comments: