Monday, September 3, 2007

kings of king

Everyone should see The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters as soon as possible. Totally compelling, unbelievable characters, countless one-liners, and suspense even for those who don't love video games. I've gotta see it again just for the parts I missed when audience laughter drowned them out. The trailer (which Tim watched nonstop on his iPhone until we finally went):

Um, I actually got all teary at the end. I couldn't have told you the last time I cried in a movie, mind you. Director Seth Gordon was a producer and editor of New York Doll, so it's no surprise that I should like it so much. He will also direct the narrative remake of this documentary, which I'm not sure how could be dramatized even more but I can't wait to find out. There's so much to say but instead just talk to me when you see it and we'll figure out

1. why nerds are so hilarious
2. Billy's hair: sad or sadcore
3. what of the film's bias
4. how to visit Rickey's restaurant to stalk Billy and then organize a national campaign to obscure Rickey's hot sauces on grocery store shelves
5. whether or not the Wiebe's could be Mormon
6. if helping out the Make-A-Wish Foundation makes up for being a douche and other secrets of douchery like refusing to watch a movie about yourself
7. who is king today (spoiler alert)

So you can plan, the platform release dates.

No comments: