Monday, March 24, 2008

A while ago I started this book tag from Brooke where you:

1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating.
2. Find page 123
3. Find the first 5 sentences
4. Post the next 3 sentences


But I was at work so at arm's length was the DSM IV and my 3 sentences would have started out, "A delirium is characterized by a disturbance of consciousness and a change in cognition... " and just got real depressing. At least I learned how to not spell it "delerium."If I had been anywhere else, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay would have been be by my side, as it is right now. I'm almost to page 123, so I hope this doesn't ruin anything. I HATE spoiled stories. The three magic sentences:
He is looking for someone or something that no one will discuss, that he has only inferred, for the unnamed person or thing whose advent or presence has been troubling the company all day.

Then a hand as massive and hard as an elk's horn, lashed by tough sinews to an arm like the limb of an oak, grabs the boy by the shoulder and drags him back into the wings.

'You know better, young man,' says the giant, well over eight feet tall, to whom the massive hand belongs.
Dun dun dunnn. And I thought the DSM had the longest sentences ever. Awesome that in this book three sentences is actually the same as three paragraphs. I left off rule 5, which was about tagging people. If you read this and want to do it, just let us know in the comments. I'm always curious what everyone is reading. While you're at it, be my Goodreads friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These sentences were so fascinating, I began to have a change in consciousness . . .
Connie