Monday, February 20, 2006

dear sufjan, please forgive me. love, jo

I'm sorry I ignored you. I'm sorry that when everyone was posting about you every day I skipped past without reading. I'm sorry that even after I downloaded "Come on! Feel the Illinoise! -Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition -Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me in a Dream" before the album was out and loved it I still didn't try to hear the rest of the album. I'm sorry I said I would go to your show but didn't. I'm sorry the first time I listened to Illinois all the way through in order was just three months ago. Does it help that I bought it for my dad for Christmas? I'm sorry that I say your name wrong and won't switch. And I'm sorry I sing "no cars go" instead of "all things go" when I listen to "Chicago". I promise to start singing your lyrics to Arcade Fire songs to make up for it.

mp3: Chicago - Sufjan Stevens
mp3: No Cars Go - The Arcade Fire

my favorites from the michigan outtakes:
mp3: Presidents Magistrates - Sufjan Stevens
mp3: Vito's Ordination Song (demo) - Sufjan Stevens

update:
by request, here are the rest. it's not like you can buy em, so why not?
mp3: Marching Band - Sufjan Stevens
mp3: Niagara Falls - Sufjan Stevens
mp3: Pickeral Lake - Sufjan Stevens
mp3: Wolverine - Sufjan Stevens


stuff and other stuff at Insound

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant stuff i've trying to track down these outtakes for ages. any chance of posting the rest? Jaylia Strange

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to force guilt, but the b-sides/outtakes of Michigan are available on iTunes.

Anonymous said...

bless your little cotton socks you've made my day Jaylia Strange p.s. as are three unreleased live Eels tracks -if you buy the rest of the Town Hall album from them first!! Well i want to buy a real copy of the new Eels not a download but how then do i get these three tracks?

sissyneck said...

"i bought a copy for my dad" might be considered a pretty back-handed compliment. i'm thinking of my own dad here...

Jo said...

oh well. shows how much i rely on itunes these days. and for the record, my dad likes good stuff! i wouldn't be so into music if i hadn't grown up with him playing great records. anyway.

Anonymous said...

"I don't mean to force guilt, but the b-sides/outtakes of Michigan are available on iTunes."

Additionally, the songs are available on the Michigan vinyl which you can buy here.

Anonymous said...

"i bought a copy for my dad"... lucky dad. i had to buy my own, and now share it with my son.

Spiro said...

i also bought one for my dad! (along with 3 others for myself with the superman on the front)