Monday, February 27, 2006

Subtly Scary - Hauntingly Good

This post is really just to get something out of my system and onto those who check this blog. "Nolita" by Keren Ann. The title track to her album that came out last year. I keep coming back to this song. Again, again, again. When I first got obsessed with it I made it a ritual to listen to it right before I went to sleep... I think it affected my dreams. It could be due to some of my all time fav lyrics..."think i'm gonna stay..think i'm gonna bury you..over myself." Or the heavy breathing or the constant strings. Regardless, see if you like it as much as I do.

mp3: Nolita - Keren Ann

Listening to this also just reminds me how much I dig Nico. Jo and I recently had a conversation about her. Check out "Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams". Again some serious strings and I like when she swings into her talking/singing mode. She is like a hypnotist and I love being hypnotized... seriously, I do. I keep waiting for her to say "the person I am singing to now and the person I am singing to now, when i wake you up you will not for the life of you remember your own name."

mp3: Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams - Nico

No comments: