Friday, June 2, 2006

seanela

I have recently, at the encouragemenet of several wise friends, started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I am currently into the the second season dvds and in one recent epi Cibo Matto showed up as the band playing the local hangout. More specifically, Cibo Matto with Sean Lennon. Which reminded me of the ridiculous web search I did a few months back trying to find out about Sean's new album, which yielded nothing. I was quite a fan of his 1998 album Into The Sun (released on Beastie Boys' label Grand Royal) so I've been curious to hear what could be coming. And then I remembered that myspace doesn't suck, and indeed it seems to be the only place the entire interplanet that has any current information about the man: Friendly Fire is the new album to be released in September on Capitol. The only new track to hear is "Dead Meat," a meandering tune accompanied by piano and strings. It's not bad, but doesn't necessarily give us much of an indication what the rest of the album will be like as you never know with Sean. So until Capitol starts doing a better job at marketing their son of a legend, we'll have to wait on much more. Well ok, they have commandeered Sean's myspace page as a start. So listen to the new track over there on myspace and catch up with these faves from the first album while I watch some more Buffy.

Mp3: Sean Lennon - Mystery Juice
mp3: Sean Lennon - Queue

buy

No comments: