Tuesday, August 5, 2008

aadoratiion

It's family time extravaganza here, from which I'll pause for a moment to celebrate the release of The Faint's Fasciinatiion today. I picked up a copy last week during my evening with The Faint, a night that made up for my last Faint show in which the douchey In The Venue oversold (which they do consistently and illegally) and turned away half the ticketholders when the fire department decided to show up and enforce the capacity.

Last Wednesday night began with with a tortuous local opening band. I don't know how I've never seen the Cave Dolls before, but I sure hope I don't have to see them again. This is the hateful face their performance elicted from Rosie.

hating local openers
Because I'm just so embarrassed for them, I won't even bother with a photo or detailing why it was the dregs. Rather, what joy it was when I found out that Shy Child, who's last show I attended was quite eventful, was opening also. Today Megan points out another eventful Shy Child performance that is not to be missed.
shy child
The Faint can do no wrong, so I can't be objective about the show or the new album. It's been almost 10 years since the first time I saw them play and they changed my life. They always deliver a dark dance fest and this time it continued into the wee hours at the after-party where Todd and the boys dj'd and there was plenty of frolicking room. My photos are sort of sad so check out Jory's better photos of the evening. My camera battery was dead, so I didn't get my photo with the guys, which is probably a good thing because I would have accosted them with hugs for the night they gave us.
todd
I particularly enjoyed Todd's lab coat and goggles.

mp3: The Faint - Get Seduced

No comments: